Post-doctorate Position at the University of Minnesota
Position Title: Post-doc research associate
Start and End date: Oct. 2020 - Sept. 2022
Yang's Agricultural Robotics Lab at the University of Minnesota is hiring a postdoc researcher for yield and disease detection using drone- and ground-based remote sensing for field high-throughput phenotyping as well as the development of a real-time disease detection phenocart.
- 10% in conducting experimental design and data collection as well as supervising and mentoring team members for field experiment, data collection and documentation.
- 30% in conducting researching in crop disease detection and develop new technologies for plant pathogen symptom detection.
- 30% on the integration of detection algorithms to a ground vehicle as well as vehicle design & fabrication.
- 30% in writing and publishing research results, participating in related conferences and contributing to research proposal writing when needed.
- Ph.D. in agricultural engineering, plant phenomics, electrical engineering or computer science.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Strong publication record in remote sensing using machine learning.
- Evidence of future publication productivity.
- Evidence in proposal writing ability.
- Being able to work as a team member and project leader.
- Experience in instrumentation.
- Experience in unmanned aerial vehicle and hyperspectral cameral integration.
- Experience in airborne remote sensing data collection.
- Experience in deep learning related image processing and remote sensing applications.
Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
University of Minnesota
1390 Eckles Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55108